Strategic Design Studio | Career Opportunity | Award-Winning Projects | Forward-Thinking Clients
Hiring: Wayfinding Designer
Over the past 30 years Dotdash has designed internationally award winning wayfinding strategies and signage systems in the built environment, transport, healthcare, education & research, major events, civic, cultural & sport, urban precincts & public realm, corporate & commercial, residential and interpretive sectors.
This is a client facing wayfinding design role. You will be experienced in client and stakeholder engagement, designing and delivering wayfinding strategies, concepts, schematics and design development. You will be knowledgeable about design process and project management.
In the role you will work closely with your peers, sharing and collaborating knowledge and information.
We value designers who are Progressive / Intelligent / Balanced.
We believe less is more. We practice restraint and strive for simplicity in our work.
- 5+ years in a collaborative studio working as a built environment or wayfinding designer
- You have the drive to compete in a rigorous discipline, work on projects that are highly regarded by clients, other design professionals and your peers and are prepared to work hard as part of a small high performance team in a collaborative studio
- Your insight gives you the ability to balance feedback and take the positives forward
- Your rapport with people, coupled with your knowledge of design and process, gives clients an assuredness that they are in the hands of a professional
- You are a team player, willing to put themselves out there and make decisions when required
- You are ambitious and can commit
- Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator
- Familiar with Revit and Sketchup - 2+ years
- InDesign and layout proficiency - editorial and document layout
- Information design and concept generation - distilling information in an easy to read format
- Spatial awareness and ability to read plans and diagrams
- Material knowledge - what’s new?
- Fabrication and production knowledge
- Graphics, typography, colour, composition
- Always be ready to compete and be challenged
- Spread the word about our discipline and beyond - architects, designers, landscape architects etc
- Must like dogs…
Apply now! Let us know why you would like to work with us.
Email your CV, portfolio and cover letter via Hightail to
Open to Australian citizens and permanent residents only.
Please no recruiters.