Strategic Design Studio | Career Opportunity | Award-Winning Projects | Forward-Thinking Clients
Hiring: Wayfinding Designer
Wayfinding Designer Full-time
Job Location – Brisbane CBD
We are on the search for Wayfinding designers to work with us.
Ideally you will be an experienced designer looking for career growth as a wayfinding practitioner within a focused, respected design studio.
Over the past 30 years Dotdash has designed local, national and internationally award winning wayfinding strategies and signage systems in the built environment, for the transport, healthcare, education & research, major events, civic, cultural & sport, urban precincts & public realm, corporate & commercial, residential and interpretive sectors.
This role presents the opportunity to become part of a highly collaborative studio with a focus on evidence based design. As a Designer you will be designing for Clients with vision, on projects that demand excellence. You will have the chance to work on multiple high profile, engaging projects.
– Articulate the purview of wayfinding strategies through report writing and recommendations, working to deliver successful Wayfinding implementation strategies.
– Undertake client and stakeholder engagement to deliver successful Wayfinding strategies, including circulation analysis, sign location plans and visual communication strategies.
– Co-ordinate and work closely with our design team to realise and deliver concepts, design development and documentation of sign families and systems.
– Ensure high quality design outputs that meets Client expectations and clearly reflects the quality, competency and calibre of Dotdash's expertise and capability.
Qualifications and Experience:
– Experience designing Wayfinding Strategies, and signage systems across multiple sectors, including transport, healthcare, education, urban & public realm, major events and interpretive
– Minimum of 5 years working as part of a professional practice design team
– Client facing experience, briefings, presentations and ongoing engagement
– Demonstrated ability to manage a range of project scales and sizes
– Experience meeting deliverables and deadlines
What we offer:
– A creative wayfinding studio with an extensive track record of benchmarked local and international projects spanning decades.
– Expert Designers from varied disciplines with distinct skills and backgrounds, all with a passion for wayfinding to mentor and grow our people.
– Specialist projects not diluted or considered secondary to the main outcome, high quality wayfinding projects are our priority
– A collaborative, creative team environment
At Dotdash we value the important role that everyone in our team plays in the outcome of our projects. We actively encourage professional development and career progression, working side by side with our Directors and talented design team. Remuneration is commensurate with experience and potential.
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org