Senior Wayfinding Designer
At Dotdash we help millions of people find their way.
We plan and design Wayfinding Masterplans, Communication Strategies and Signage systems for Clients and end users across ten sectors within the built environment – Transport, Healthcare, Urban Precincts, Cultural, Civic & Sport, Education & Research, Parklands & Open Spaces, Major Events, Interpretation, and Corporate, Commercial & Residential.
We deliver cohesive Wayfinding strategies for increasingly complex environments.
Based in Brisbane Australia, we are a small, highly specialised interdisciplinary team of Wayfinding strategists, planners, designers and communicators. Our Clients are leaders and champions in their fields. Our projects have been internationally awarded. We collaborate with architects, landscape architects, interior designers, urban & transport planners and engineers. Our projects take us around Australia and abroad.
We are looking for a Senior Designer who can create and design wayfinding, visual communication, signage forms and systems for the built environment.
Candidates must have a full understanding of the design process, and experience working across different design phases – from research to manufacture. You must demonstrate experience in designing Wayfinding Communication Strategies. We are looking for a strategic thinker who has excellent creative and technical skills.
As a Senior Designer, you will have the ability to –
- Use your experience, knowledge and confidence to work closely with our Clients and Stakeholders.
- Demonstrate your influential communication skills to champion our designers and the project across the studio.
- Manage and supervise a dynamic workplace and team of designers.
- Value aesthetics, function and the psychological aspects of our work.
- Design wayfinding and signage that is understandable and purposeful.
- Design outcomes that are unobtrusive, honest, long lasting, and thorough down to the last detail.
- Be responsible for design outcomes.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Design, Architecture, Industrial, Graphics, Information or Wayfinding related field.
- 10+ years of industry experience with established design practices or in an aligned sector.
- Five+ years of delivering design outcomes within our sectors.
- A good understanding of Australian standards for design and construction.
- Successful track record of business networking and development.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Influential written, spoken and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have the right to work in Australia.
If this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining the projects you have undertaken to email@example.com.