Project Design Leader
We are currently seeking a Project Design Leader Wayfinding to join our inter-disciplinary team and lead local, national and international projects from our Brisbane studio.You will be a recognised Wayfinding Strategy and Design practitioner experienced in leading the Wayfinding design process, project presentation, client liaison and managing teams to ensure all project outcomes meet the design excellence requirements of our Practice. Communication and interpersonal abilities are a critical component to the role.
The successful candidate will posses the capability to effectively coordinate and communicate with a diverse range of others, including, Clients, Stakeholders, other Design Professionals, our Design Team, Manufacturers and Suppliers in a timely and concise manner.
These abilities will be reinforced by experience in the Wayfinding Strategy and Design sector. A depth of understanding extending to appropriate professional conduct, knowledge and experience in the delivery of Wayfinding Strategy and Design projects and practice processes is expected.
We anticipate that you will bring to this position at least 10 years' experience, primarily in Wayfinding Strategy and Design having designed and delivered substantial Wayfinding solutions and outcomes, preferably for an Australian practice with national and international projects or an international design practice.
- Wayfinding Strategy and Design Leadership
- Client Management
- Ability to lead, design, direct and deliver Wayfinding projects
- Ability to meet financial and strategic business goals
- Ability to lead, influence and motivate people
- Ability to communicate effectively and encourage teamwork
- Recognised leadership, engagement and personal initiative with design teams to deliver exceptional outcomes at an Associate level.
- Confidence in a client facing role.
- Build, maintain and strengthen relationships with new and existing clients.
- Strong skills and understanding of commercial and financial components of major developments.
- Highly complex, dynamic and deadline driven program - currently 50+ active design projects, across 10 sectors.
- Ability to demonstrate your Wayfinding design process and quality design skills in working across a range of high-profile, public locations and programs.
- A commitment to the continuing development of a collaborative studio design culture.
- Maintaining a flexible, problem-solving, results-oriented approach in a complex and dynamic operating environment.
- Willingness to propose and embrace new and creative ideas and explore the possibilities in evolving design disciplines.
- Excellent appreciation of Wayfinding Strategy and Signage Design skills partnered with strong verbal, written and graphic communication skills applied to client design presentations, submission documents and reports.
- Proven experience in providing design leadership to a team through to design documentation and ensure the highest quality design standards implemented.
- Relevant degree and major project experience.
Please email your Portfolio / CV / Cover Letter to email@example.com Applicants must have the right to work in Australia. No recruiters please.
86 Lytton Road
PO Box 7480
Want to work with us?
Submit your portfolio.