Design is a process that is intended to meet a perceived set of needs. Understanding and prioritising the real needs is the critical starting point for a project.
Our design values determines our thinking and actions when we address these needs. They are based around these key areas:
- Investigate and understand the real needs of the end user.
- Appreciate the whole project to design within context.
- Achieve the best result with minimum intervention.
- Design solutions that incorporate Universal Design Principles.
- Explore and reiterate to bring continuous improvement to the solution.
- Collaboration with others to shift perception.
- Design from both the inside-out and the outside-in.
- Create both a social and commercial benefit.
We are dotdash, an interdisciplinary design practice focused on wayfinding strategy.
We help millions of people find their way around our complex urban environments.