Graphic Design Director
Strategic design studio | Career opportunity |
Add your expertise to a team of strategists and designers and
help grow the influence of Wayfinding.
Do you live and breathe design?
Are you excited about the opportunity of taking a specialised
Do you want to work with a dedicated team to bring our clients’ projects to life?
At Dotdash we’ve been focused on building our Wayfinding knowledge and expertise for the last 30 years.
This is a significant opportunity to lead generational change at Dotdash, shape our design team and enrich our standing in the national and global design arena.
You’ll be responsible for leading and building our visual communication design team. You’ll collaborate with our Wayfinding strategists and signage designers to develop Wayfinding communication, concepts and planning for our clients and users.
As an natural problem solver, you’ll influence all phases of design strategy right through to execution. You’ll be responsible for aligning strategic and creative streams, ensuring the highest quality outcomes for our Clients.
The Graphic Design Director works alongside our leadership team, and you’ll have the support and expertise of our Directors and inter-disciplinary designers.
Dotdash is a global front-runner in the Wayfinding Communication Strategy and Design field.
We’re experts in developing user-focused outcomes and experiences that connect people with place. We work to a methodology developed over the last 30 years with leading national and international clients.
- You’re an admired graphic designer, acclaimed by your peers.
- You’re relentlessly curious – every project brings a new set of problems to solve.
- You are up for the challenge of knowing what you don’t know.
- You lead by ideating and iterating your design ideas.
- You’re driven by the pursuit of elegant design solutions.
- You understand the Client’s needs, listening closely and translating what others cannot. You call on your inherent wisdom, foresight and experience to rapidly synthesise information.
- Your analytical mind means you think not only on your feet, but can deliver well considered, thoughtful responses.
- You’re a natural leader who believes in the value of your own individual talent, but you know the importance of being part of the team.
- You care deeply about the purpose of your work, seeing projects through to completion and the broad positive impact experience design can create.
Important Skills We’re Seeking
- Extensive experience in developing graphic design solutions for Wayfinding, Environmental Graphics, Spatial, Publication in a studio environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of user-centred design and the trends in technology and how they are changing how people interact within the built environment.
- An ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients, facilitate meetings, working sessions and workshops with tact.
- A proven ability to handle large-scale, complex projects while adhering to strategy sprints when required.
We are changing it up - this is about generational change.
It’s your time.
We value the quality of ideas and the contribution our people make to our open and collaborative culture. We support innovation and creativity and encourage our studio to learn and achieve in a caring and inclusive environment.
Invitation to apply
Email your CV, portfolio and cover letter clearly addressing
why you’re the right fit for Dotdash and this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are dotdash, an interdisciplinary design practice focused on wayfinding strategy.
We help millions of people find their way around our complex urban environments.